LG brings in a new range of phones as part of its K series. The company launches a new entry-level smartphone, LG K42, in India. This phone features a 6.6-inch HD+ display with 720×1600 pixels resolution. It runs on Android 10 version. Additionally, The device will get its raw power from an octa-core MediaTek Helio P22 processor with 3GB RAM. In this price bracket, this is the only smartphone to comes with the MIL-STD-810G military-grade certification. LG K42 have 64GB internal storage. Also, Internal Storage is expandable and it can be expand by using a microSD card. On the rear side, the device gets a quad rear camera setup in a rectangular module.
The device has been certified under nine different categories of the US Military Defense Evaluation Norm. Different tests were perform which includes experimental tests like high and low temperature, temperature shock, vibration, noise, humidity and more. Additionally, LG K42 packs in a 4,000mAh battery which supports fast charging. Also, The back panel of the smartphone is made up of plastic. It has a rear-mount fingerprint scanner. Additionally, LG is providing this smartphone with a two-year warranty along with a free one-time screen replacement.
Pricing in India:
LG K42 comes under budget-category with a price of Rs 10,990 for 3GB RAM/64GB capacity variant in Gray and Green color variants. The device will be sold online in India via ecommerce platform of Flipkart. Some unique services like on-time free screen replacement will be provided along with two-years of extended warranty. Further, The smartphone competes with the likes of A31 Oppo (2020), Samsung Galaxy M11 and the Infinix Hot 9 Pro within this price bracket.
LG K42: Specifications
- K42 features a 6.6-inch HD+ display.
- The display comes with a resolution of 1600×720 pixels.
- It works on a MediaTek Helio P22 processor coupled to an IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU.
- The device comes with 3GB RAM and 64 GB storage that can be extended via a microSD card.
- It runs Google’s Android 10 operating system with its own LG UX skin on top.
- A battery of 4,000mAh battery with support for fast charging.
- Security features include a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and facial recognition with the front camera.
- The K42 features a quad-camera configuration on the back consisting of a 13MP main sensor paired with a 5MP super wide angle lens, a 2MP depth sensor and a 2MP macro lens.
- It features an 8MP selfie camera on the edge.
- The device comes with connectivity options including Wi-Fi 802.11, a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0 and GPS with GLONASS+
- K42 is available in Gray color across various online stores in India.