Google Workspace, the integrated platform for online collaboration, is now open to everyone, including free Google account holders. Users can activate Google Workspace by switching on Google Chat in Gmail from this Monday. Beside the Workspace integration, Google also announced some of the new innovations. Google also unveiled new features for Workspace that cater to the hybrid work model.
Google unveils “Workspace Individual”, a brand-new subscription plan. Meanwhile, Google has introduced this new subscription plan called “Workspace Individual” for users who want more benefits. This personalized version caters to individuals and small businesses, offering the robust tools and features of Workspace.
What is Google Workspace?
Google Workspace is a cloud-based suite of productivity and collaboration tools developed by Google. It includes a range of applications designed for use in businesses, schools, and personal use. Some of the applications are:
- Gmail: A custom and secure business email service that also offers spam protection and ad-free experience.
- Calendar: A smart scheduling tool that helps you manage your time and events.
- Meet: A video and voice conferencing service that supports up to 1000 participants and offers features like recording, noise cancellation, and live streaming.
- Chat: A team communication platform that allows users to create rooms, send messages, and share files.
- Drive: A secure cloud storage service that provides pooled storage per user and allows users to access files from any device.
- Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, and Sites: A suite of content creation tools that let users to create, edit, and collaborate on documents, spreadsheets, presentations, surveys, and websites.
- Currents: An employee engagement platform that helps user to share ideas, news, and feedback with organization.
- Admin console: A centralized management tool that lets users control their Workspace settings, users, devices, and security.
- Add-ons: A collection of third-party applications and integrations that enhance Workspace experience.
Google Work space offers different pricing plans that suits users unique business needs. Furthermore, users can also try it free for 14 days.
What is Workspace Individual?
Workspace Individual is a new subscription plan from Google that offers business owners various benefits to grow, run, and secure their business. With Workspace Individual, users can access premium features such as smart booking services, professional video meetings, personalized email marketing, and more.
Google Workspace is now open to everyone, including free Google account holders. Users can switch between their personal and professional accounts seamlessly with Workspace. Google’s announcement extends Workspace access to everyone, offering a unified platform to manage both worlds effortlessly.
Workspace Individual benefits
Workspace Individual is a subscription plan from Google that offers various benefits to small business owners and entrepreneurs. Some of the benefits are:
- Global users can use premium features across Workspace apps, such as longer group calls and meeting enhancements in Google Meet, multiple types of appointments with shareable booking pages, payment collection for appointments, eSignature support, and personalized email campaigns with layouts and mail merge in Gmail.
- Users can access Workspace from any device and switch seamlessly between their personal and professional accounts.
- Users can manage Workspace settings, users, devices, and security with the Admin console.
- Furthermore, they can get 2 TB of cloud storage per user and access files from anywhere.
- Users can enjoy ad-free and spam-free email service with Gmail.
- Users can get support from Google experts and access exclusive perks and discounts.
Google Workspace Rollout
Workspace Individual users can also enjoy Google support to optimize their solution. Google will launch Workspace Individual in various countries, such as the US, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, and Brazil.
The VP and GM of Workspace said that Workspace for everyone aims to provide a fair and flexible way to collaborate for consumers, workers, teachers, and students. Users can choose their own communication and collaboration style with Workspace.
Google Chat replaces Rooms
Google also launched Spaces, a new feature for Google Chat that replaces Rooms. Spaces helps users manage their people, topics, and projects in Workspace. Users can also access their files and tasks from Spaces. Moreover, Google will roll out Companion Mode, a web and progressive web app feature for Google Meet, in September. Also Read: Spotify adds support for 12 Indian Regional languages on its mobile app
Google Meet will soon launch hybrid meeting features that let attendees RSVP with their join location. This will show if they will join the meeting room or remotely. Google also announced new moderation controls for Google Meet hosts. Hosts can disable in-meeting chat and mute participants during meetings.