Last month, The Indian government announce that all the citizen above the age of 18 years can get vaccinated against the deadly COVID-19 virus, starting May 1. However, few days back many of the state government denied about starting any such programme on the given date. This is all because of shortage of COVID-19 vaccines. Although, The Indian government later promises to deliver vaccines on time, so that the vaccination programme can get started. With this announcement, the Indian government also asked interested citizens to register for COVID-19 vaccination using CoWIN portal/ Aarogya Setu App/ The UMANG App.
How to use UMANG app for vaccination?
To recall, Earlier, Indian Government made Aarogya Setu app mandatory for all the citizens travelling. The citizens where asked to show Aarogya Setu app on their smartphone for COVID-19 negative status while travelling to their respective destination. Similar is the UMANG app, Users can download UMANG app from Play store. Additionally, This UMANG app download for Android and iOS is available in their respective play store. After downloading, users need to register on this UMANG mobile app to further register for COVID-19 vaccination.
Registration for 18 plus to begin on https://t.co/S3pUooMbXX, Aarogya Setu App & UMANG App at 4 PM on 28th April. Appointments at State Govt centers & Private centers depending on how many vaccination centers are ready on 1st May for Vaccination of 18 plus. #LargestVaccineDrive
— Aarogya Setu (@SetuAarogya) April 28, 2021
After successful registration on UMANG app, the government will provide the registered citizen with an appointment date at the nearest state government and private hospitals for COVID-19 vaccination. Meanwhile, This compete process will depend on the availability of vaccination center on the given due date. Also, Keep in mind, the citizen must be above 18 years on the given date to register on the app. Additionally, No walk-ins will be entertained at the hospitals or vaccination centers. Therefore, This all done to avoid any kind of chaos at the immunization centers.
#CoWINOnUMANG | People aged 18 & above will be eligible for vaccination against #COVID19 from May 1, 2021. To be a part of this #LargestVaccinationDrive, register yourself on 'Co-WIN' platform via #UMANGApp. Registration for people aged between 18 & 44 years starts from April 28* pic.twitter.com/VQYrW1Rlu1
— UMANG App India (@UmangOfficial_) April 28, 2021
Available COVID-19 Vaccines in India:
Let’s take a look at how one can register for getting vaccination against deadly COVID-19 virus using the UMANG App. Additionally, At this very moment, there are only two main COVID-19 vaccines that are being administrated in the country. These vaccines are Covaxin and Covishield. Couple of days back, the Russian developed vaccine, Sputnik V also reached at Hyderabad. Also, This Imported vaccine will be administrated by Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories.
How to register for COVID-19 vaccine using UMANG App?
– Open UMANG App
– Tap on Health Tab
– Select “CoWIN” Option
– Tap on “Register or Login for Vaccination” option
– Enter your Mobile Number and click submit
– Enter the OTP received on your given mobile number.
– Tap on “Verify OTP” button
– Upload your “Photo ID Proof” details
– Type your name, Photo ID Number, Year of Birth, Gender, as mentioned in Photo ID Proof (Keep in mind, every single detail should match with ID Proof details)
– A Pop-up will appear stating beneficiary added
– Tap on OK after reading
– A new page will open, here you have to add four more beneficiaries
– Tap on “Add More” button
– After adding beneficiaries, select all the beneficiaries
– Click on “Schedule Appointment” option
– Search for Pincode
– Select Date and Vaccine
– A new page will open with the list of immunization centers where one can get vaccinated
– Tap on “View Time Slots” option on your selected center
– Select suitable time slot and tap confirm
– After this, the person will get a confirmation message on their registered mobile number (RMN)
– This message will contain all the details about your appointment for COVID-19 vaccine via UMANG app
Meanwhile, On the vaccination day, keep in mind to carry your Photo ID to verify yourself. If you have any medical issues, do carry your medical certificate for the same. Other things required for COVID-19 vaccination is your smartphone with UMANG app. Also Read: Hey Alexa! Find me the nearest COVID-19 vaccination centre