The Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 is the current flagship chipset from Qualcomm, and it is one of the most powerful mobile chipsets on the market. This processor comes with 5nm fabrication and high-performance KRYO cores. However, Qualcomm is already working on its successor, which is expected to launch later this year.
Some leaks suggest that the successor to the Snapdragon 888 may be called the Snapdragon 898, while others suggest that Qualcomm may have other plans for the name. Regardless of the name, the new chipset is expected to offer a significant performance boost over the Snapdragon 888.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 successor
One of the biggest rumored upgrades to the Snapdragon 898 is the use of a new 4nm fabrication process. This will allow Qualcomm to pack more transistors onto the chip, which should lead to improved performance and efficiency.
The Snapdragon 898 is also likely to have a new CPU architecture. The latest architecture will further improve performance. Additionally, the chipset could also feature a new GPU, which should improve graphics performance. Overall, the Snapdragon 898 is likely to be a significant upgrade over the Snapdragon 888. It is likely to be the most powerful mobile chipset on the market when it is released.
Snapdragon 888 chipset provides one of the best performance in current gen processors from all available brands. However, Qualcomm is still hungry to get more from its flagship processor. According to reports, The chip manufacturers are currently working on the successor to the Snapdragon 888.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 898 Rumored to Launch With 4nm Process, New 5G Modem, and Major Performance Upgrade
The upcoming Qualcomm Snapdragon 898, the successor to the current flagship Snapdragon 888 chipset could launch with a number of significant upgrades, including:
- 4nm fabrication process: This will allow Qualcomm to pack more transistors onto the chip, which should lead to improved performance and efficiency.
- New 5G modem: The Snapdragon X65 5G modem is likely to offer faster data speeds and lower latency than the current Snapdragon X60 modem.
- Major performance upgrade: The Snapdragon 898 is likely to offer a significant performance boost over the Snapdragon 888. It is all thanks to its new CPU and GPU architectures.
The official name for the Snapdragon 898 is still unknown. But Qualcomm is planning to announce it in the coming days. There is also no information available about the launch date of the Snapdragon 898.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 898 to Feature New Kryo 780 Cores, Adreno 730 GPU, and Spectra 680 ISP
The upcoming Qualcomm Snapdragon 898, the successor to the current flagship Snapdragon 888 chipset, is likely to feature a number of new and improved components, including:
- KRYO 780 cores: These cores are based on the ARM Cortex v9 technology. These cores are likely to offer significant performance improvements over the Kryo 680 cores in the Snapdragon 888.
- Adreno 730 GPU: This GPU is likely to provide a substantial leap in graphics performance over the Adreno 660 GPU in the Snapdragon 888.
- Spectra 680 ISP: This is a new image signal processor that is likely to improve camera performance in a number of ways. These may include better low-light performance, faster autofocus, and improved HDR imaging.
The details about the Spectra 680 ISP are still unknown. However, Qualcomm is likely to reveal more information in the coming days.
Qualcomm Snapdragon X65 5G Modem to Offer 10Gbps Download Speeds, Bluetooth 5.2, and Wi-Fi 6E Connectivity
The Qualcomm Snapdragon X65 5G modem is a next-generation modem that is likely to offer a number of significant improvements over the current generation Snapdragon X60 modem, including:
- 10Gbps download speeds: The Snapdragon X65 modem is capable of supporting download speeds of up to 10Gbps. This is a significant increase over the 7Gbps download speeds supported by the Snapdragon X60 modem.
- Bluetooth 5.2 and Wi-Fi 6E connectivity: The Snapdragon X65 modem also supports Bluetooth 5.2 and Wi-Fi 6E connectivity. Bluetooth 5.2 offers a number of improvements over Bluetooth 5.0. This includes the faster data speeds, longer range, and improved coexistence with other wireless technologies. Wi-Fi 6E is a new version of Wi-Fi that operates in the 6GHz band, which offers more channels and less congestion than the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands.
These improvements make the Snapdragon X65 modem one of the most advanced 5G modems on the market. It is likely to power in a wide range of devices. This may include smartphones, tablets, laptops, and fixed wireless access devices.
Snapdragon 898 Expected to Launch in 6 Months, But Snapdragon 870 Remains Popular
Qualcomm. the chipset manufacturers are likely to announce its next flagship smartphone processor, the Snapdragon 898, in about 6 months. However, the Snapdragon 888 is still the most popular high-end processor on the market, and many smartphone brands are opting for the more cost-effective Snapdragon 870 processor. Other smartphone chipmakers are also working on their own flagship processors, such as the MediaTek Dimensity 9000 and the Samsung Exynos 2200. Also Read – Apple TV app now available on Android TV platform
Samsung and Google Developing New Flagship Smartphone Chips with AMD GPU and Whitechapel Chip, Respectively
Samsung is currently working on its upcoming Exynos chips. These Samsung chipsets are likely to feature a mobile GPU system developed in collaboration with AMD. This GPU will be based on the RDNA 2 architecture. It is the same architecture that powers AMD’s latest Radeon desktop and laptop GPUs.
Google is also working on its own flagship smartphone chip, known as Whitechapel. This next chipset could power the upcoming Pixel 6 series smartphones.
Both Samsung and Google’s new flagship smartphone chips could offer significant performance improvements over the previous generation. The AMD GPU in Samsung’s Exynos chip is likely to deliver breakthrough graphics performance. While the Whitechapel chips could offer improved performance in all areas. This may include AI, machine learning, and image processing.