Google Android 12 is the latest software update for Android phones. It was released in October 2021, after being previewed to developers in February 2021 and officially announced at Google I/O in May 2021.
Here is an updated list of new Android phones eligible for the Android 12 update:
- Google Pixel 3 and later
- Samsung Galaxy S21 series, Galaxy S20 series, Galaxy Note 20 series, and Galaxy Z Fold 3
- OnePlus 9 series, OnePlus 8 series, and OnePlus 7 series
- Xiaomi Mi 11 series, Mi 10 series, and Mi 9 series
- OPPO Find X3 series, Find X2 series, and Reno 6 series
- Vivo X70 series and X60 series
- Realme GT series and X7 series
How do I check if my device is eligible for Android 12 update?
To check if your device is eligible for Android 12 update, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the settings app on your device and tap on System.
- Tap on System update and check for updates. If you see an update available, you can download and install it. Make sure your device has enough battery and is connected to a Wi-Fi network before updating.
- If you don’t see an update available, you can check the list of devices that have been verified to receive the Android 12 update. This list is constantly being updated, so it is a good idea to check it regularly. You can find the list by searching for “list of verified devices for Android 12 update” on Bing or by clicking here.
You can also check the official websites of your device manufacturer to see if they have announced any plans or timelines for Android 12 update. Some manufacturers have already started testing Android 12 beta on certain devices, while others have confirmed which devices will get Android 12 in the future. You can find some examples of such announcements in the question answering results of my search.
Android 12 OS brings a number of new features and improvements, including a new design language called Material You, which allows users to customize the look and feel of their phone, new privacy features, and performance improvements.
Android 12 Beta 5: Fewer bugs, more features
Google released the final beta version of Android 12, Beta 5, in September 2021. This update comes with fewer bugs than the earlier beta versions, as Google has had time to work out the kinks. Also Read – Is your Oppo phone eligible for ColorOS 11 update in India?
The Beta 5 update also includes a number of new features and improvements. Here are a few of the highlights:
- Material You: A new design language that gives users more control over the look and feel of their devices.
- Privacy Dashboard: A new dashboard that shows users how apps are using their data.
- Approximate Location: A new permission that allows apps to access a user’s approximate location without needing to know their exact location.
- App Search: A new system-wide search feature that makes it easy to find apps, files, and settings.
If you are interested in trying out Android 12, you can enroll your device in the beta program. To do this, go to Settings > System > System update and tap “Check for updates.” If you see an update for Android 12 Beta 5, tap “Download and install.” Also Read – Poco X3 Pro, the latest smartphone in India; Price, Specifications and more
Android 12 Final with Material You and new privacy features
Google released the final version of Android 12 in October 2023. This update includes a new design language called Material You, which allows users to customize the look and feel of their phone. It also includes new privacy features, such as a privacy dashboard that shows users how their data is being accessed by apps.
Other new features in Android 12 include:
- Personalized interface: The new design language allows users to choose their own colors and styles, which are then reflected throughout the system.
- Security control shortcuts: Users can now quickly access security settings from the lock screen.
- Privacy labels: Android Apps will require to show privacy labels that explain how they collect and use data.
- Improved performance: Android 12 OS could be more efficient than previous versions, resulting in better battery life and performance.
The Android 12 update is available for a variety of phones, including Google Pixel phones, Samsung Galaxy phones, and OnePlus phones. To check if your phone is eligible for the update, go to Settings > System > System update.
Android 12 OEMs working hard to promote upgrade, list of devices that will receive update on factory level
Original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) are working hard to promote the Android 12 update to their customers. They want to give their users the chance to try out the new software, which comes with a fresh new design language, privacy features, and other improvements.
The Android 12 update will be available on custom ROM skins from each OEM. This means that the look and feel of the update will vary depending on the device. However, the core features of Android 12 will be the same across all devices.
To check if your mobile phone will get the Android 12 update. You can refer to the list of devices that have been verified to receive the update. This list is constantly being updated, so it is a good idea to check it regularly. Also Read – Apple releases iOS 14.5, iPadOS 14.5 beta version, stable version; new features and more
Android OS: Updated List of Eligible Phones
|Smartphone Brands||Phone models confirmed|
to get Android 12(*)
Phone models most likely
to get Android 12 (*)
Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL,
Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL, Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a (5G),
Pixel 5, and Pixel 5a.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, S20 Ultra, S20+ 5G, S20+, S20 5G, S20,
Samsung S10 5G, S10+, S10, S10e, S10 Lite,
Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G, Note20 Ultra, Note20 5G, Note20,
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G, Note 10+, Note10 5G, Note10, Note10 Lite
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, Z Fold2, Z Flip 5G, Z Flip, Fold 5G, Fold,
Samsung Galaxy A71 5G, A71, A51 5G, A51, A90 5G,
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ 5G, Tab S7+, Tab S7 5G3, Tab S7, Tab S6 5G4, Tab S6, Tab S6 Lite and others
|Nokia||Nokia XR 20||
Nokia 1.3, 2.4, 3.4, 5.3, 5.4, 8.3 5G,
Nokia CO1 Plus, Nokia C20 Plus,
Nokia G10, Nokia G20,
Nokia X10, X20
|Xiaomi||Mi 11, Mi 11 Ultra, Mi 11i and Mi 11X Pro.||
Mi 11 Lite 4G,
Xiaomi 11 Lite NE 5G, Xiaomi 11T, 11T Pro,
Redmi Note 10 series,
Redmi K20 series,
Redmi 10 Prime.
|OnePlus||OnePlus 9, 9 Pro, Nord 2.||
OnePlus 8, 8 Pro, 8T,
OnePlus Nord (1st Gen),
OnePlus Nord CE.
|Oppo||Find X3 Pro, Find X2,|
Reno6 Pro 5G, Reno6 5G (including Diwali Edition model),
Oppo Reno5, Reno3 Pro, Reno4 Pro,
Oppo F19 Pro+, F19 Pro, F19, F19s, F17 Pro, F17,
Oppo A74 5G, 10X Zoom, A53s 5G, A53.
|Android 12 more than 110 Oppo Phones.|
|Realme||Realme GT 5G||Realme GT Neo 2,
Realme GT Master Edition,
Realme 8S 5G, 8i, and more.
|Vivo||Vivo X70 Pro+, X70 Pro, X60 Pro+, X60 Pro, X60, X50 Pro, X50,|
Vivo V21, V21e, V20 2021, V20 Pro, V20 SE, V20, V17 Pro, V17,
Vivo Y73, Y72 5G, Y53s, Y51, Y51A, Y33s, Y31, Y30, Y21, Y20, Y20i, Y20G, Y19, Y12s,
Vivo S1, S1 Pro.
|Poco||-----||Poco F3 GT, Poco F3, Poco X3 Pro and more.|
|Motorola||Motorola Moto G200 5G||
Moto G 5G, Razr 5G,
Motorola Edge 20 Fusion, Edge 20,
Moto G60, G40 Fusion, G30.
|TCL||TCL 20 Pro 5G||-----|
|iQOO||iQOO 7, iQOO 7 Legend,|
iQOO Z3, iQOO Z5 and iQOO 3.
|Asus||Zenfone 8, Zenfone 8 Pro.||
ROG Phone 5, ROG Phone 4
|Sharp||Aquous Sense 5G||-----|
|ZTE||Axon 30 Ultra 5G||-----|
More phone models to join this list of Android 12 eligible devices. Furthermore, the new smartphones with Android 12 could also launch soon. As more companies announce Android 12 updates for their devices. The OEMs will add more phone models to the list of eligible devices. Additionally, new smartphones with Android 12 will launch in the coming days.
Most of the Android phones like Realme GT, Realme GT Neo 2, Realme GT Master Edition, Vivo X70+, Vivo X60 series are also already getting the taste of the latest Android 12 operating system. These OEMs are also providing regular security updates to these devices.
What is new in Android 12 update?
Android 12 provides even more personalized, secure, and convenient experiences on your smartphone. Featuring a completely rebuilt UI developed just for you, new privacy settings aimed for your safety and control, and more seamless methods to go right to your gaming or even move to a different device.
Is Android 12 faster than Android 11?
Smartphone touch reactions will be more intuitive and quicker with Android 12. The user interface will be animated and feature smooth motions. Google Assistant will be easier to utilize with the new operating system.
Is Android 12 update safe?
Android 12 is built to keep you secure. You'll have peace of mind knowing that you have control over who may see your data and when with new easy-to-use, effective privacy features.