The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has announced that few services which are related to driving license and registration certificate can now be availed online. Therefore, from now on, Indians can apply online for all the Driving License and Registration Certificate related queries. Thus, without visit Regional Transport Office (RTO), an Indian Citizen can apply for license renewal, duplicate RCs and more online services.
18 RTO Services available including Online Driving License:
According to MoRTH, this will make the process simpler for the citizens. Thus, making all the services hassle-free and contactless for all the Indian citizens. Here, MoRTH is currently providing 18 contactless services. Additionally, these services can be avail by using Aadhar card authentication. These 18 online services may include:
- Learner’s License.
- Duplicate Driving License.
- Issue of International Driving Permit.
- Termination of hire-purchase agreement.
- Endorsement of hire-purchase agreement.
- Surrender of Class of Vehicle from License.
- Notice of Transfer of Ownership of motor vehicle.
- Application for Transfer of Ownership of motor vehicle.
- Application for Grant of NOC for Certificate of Registration.
- Intimation of Change of Address in Certificate of Registration.
- The Application for Temporary Registration of a motor vehicle.
- The Application for issue of duplicate Certificate of Registration.
- Application for registration of motor vehicle of Diplomatic Officer.
- Application for Registration of motor vehicle with a fully built body.
- Change of Address in Driving License and Certificate of Registration.
- Renewal of Driving License for which test of competence to drive is not required.
- Application for registration for driver training from Accredited Driver training center.
- Application for assignment of Fresh Registration Mark of a motor vehicle of Diplomatic Officer.
MoRTH Official Statement
The MoRTH has also confirms that they have received all the necessary approval from MeitY to make use of digital platforms. Hence, this will help in ensuring good governance. The ministry also added that this will help in reducing the unnecessary rush in the RTO offices. Thus, it will help in ensuring the increase in efficiency of RTO Office. Also Read: BSNL to provide OTT services with BSNL Cinema Plus
This will reduce the compliance burden on citizens, helping them to avail these services in a hassle free, contact less manner. This will also reduce the footfall in the RTO office, which will further increase efficiency of the RTO offices as well.
— MORTHINDIA (@MORTHIndia) March 4, 2021
18 RTO Services: How to access?
To avail any of the 18 RTO services including online Driving License. Follow these steps:
1: Visit MoRTH’s official online portal for the services.
2: Click on drop-down menu, Select the state for which you want to avail this service.
3: On state selection, a list of services will show up which can be availed for that state.
4: Select the service which you want to avail (if available)
6: Follow all the steps provided within MoRTH portal to put your request.
7: Thus, after completing all the steps and filling all necessary forms. Click on Submit button.
Therefore, with this your request for that service will be submitted. Once the request will be processed, now you can access that very service at your door step.
According to MoRTH Official statement, certain services including Driving License and Certificate of Registration have been made completely online. Now, these services can also be easily availed directly without visiting RTO office. Also Read: Facebook set to remove fake COVID vaccination claims and statements
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings