From last two years, Coronavirus aka COVID19 disease is affecting human life on earth. At this time of the year, the COVID19 cases are once again rising all across the global countries. With the rising cases increases the concern among the peoples. One of the common ways to identify if you are COVID infected is it perform a RT PCR test. This rise in cases is due to the new Omicron variant of coronavirus. In India, many authorities and government firms are also taking stringent measures to fight against this new variant of Coronavirus. The Government of India is also concern about this new COVID-19 variant. Moreover, the Government is also taking various measures to restrain the potential third wave.
Air Suvidha Portal for RT PCR COVID-19 test:
In order to restrain this upcoming wave, Government of India is taking strict measures against the international passengers coming from different nations. One such step in this direction is the setup of 20 dedicated counters by the Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL) for the international passengers. Moreover, these counters have been setup at both the international arrival/departure by the airport authority.
COVID-19 Test Mandatory for International Passengers:
Here, these 20 counters will perform the pre-booked RT PCR COVID-19 test for the passengers coming from the “at risk” countries. However, many travelers in the airport were bewildered in the confusion due to the trouble and lengthy lines. Moreover, some passengers even took to social media to express their dissatisfaction.
To save travellers from the chaos, Airport authorities are offering the option to pay online and pre-booking the test from their originating airport. Additionally, those flying out from Delhi Airport can pre-book RT PCR testing using the Air Suvidha portal. On this portal, the passengers will have to first book and pay the RT PCR test price. Passengers can get their Rapid RT PCR report from with 60 to 90 minutes. Moreover, the reports for standard RT PCR test can be access in 6 to 8 hours. To pre-book the RT PCR mandatory test at the airport, follow these steps.
How to pre-book RT PCR test at the airport?
1. Open web-browser in your device.
2. Search for “Air Suvidha” portal, or directly click this link
3. Once the portal opens, follow the steps.
4. Find the “Book your slot now!” option on the right side of the screen.
5. Select your Travel Type. Also Read – Microsoft Windows 11 beats Windows 10 in benchmark tests running on Intel chipset
6. For International Arrival/ Departure, passengers will have to enter their SDF Request number
7. After entering the SDF Request No., follow the procedure for RT PCR test
8. For Domestic Arrival/ Departure, passengers will have to enter their details
9. Enter the passenger’s name, email address, contact number, Aadhar/PAN details, PIN Code, Nationality, Country and others.
10. After filling these details, passengers can select an appointment date or testing slot on the same page itself.
11. Once filling your details, cross-verify again.
12. Select the checkbox that reads, “I confirm that I am booking for the test at Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi”
13. Also select the checkbox with Terms & Conditions
14. Now select “Book Now” option. Also Read – Govt set to make GPS Tracking mandatory for four-wheelers, will track vehicles on every route
15. After this Payments page will open, make the payments, the RT PCR COVID-19 Test slot will be booked.
16. The details about the COVID-19 Test will be sent to the registered number and also on the email address shared on the portal.
How much with RT PCR COVID-19 test cost?
For information, Passengers should note that this test costs Rs 500. The result for this RT PCR Test will be provided within 6 to 8 hours. Whereas, Rapid Test costs Rs 3500. The report for this Rapid COVID-19 test will also be made available in 60 to 90 minutes.